Mark Zuckerberg's guiding philosophy, the "Hacker Way," encompasses 5 core values for employee and company success at Facebook. Here's the list and Zuckerberg's take on it.
1. Focus on impact: "If we want to have the biggest impact, the best way to do this is to make sure we always focus on solving the most important problems."
2. Move fast: "We have a saying: 'Move fast and break things.' The idea is that if you never break anything, you're probably not moving fast enough."
3. Be bold: "We encourage everyone to make bold decisions, even if that means being wrong some of the time."
4. Be open: "We believe that a more open world is a better world because people with more information can make better decisions and have a greater impact."
5. Build social value: "We expect everyone at Facebook to focus every day on how to build real value for the world in everything they do."
Although "hacker" typically has a negative connotation, Zuckerberg says he embraces the term because, "In reality, hacking just means building something quickly or testing the boundaries of what can be done."
Do you know of other companies -- besides Facebook and Zappos -- who embrace core values? Does yours?
Are you ready to champion your own culture and values? We're here to serve! Schedule a culture call with one of our team members today: